Monday 23 April 2012

Bad Contractors

So what do you do when you have paid somebody a $10,000.00 deposit to finish your house, and they spent your money, but haven't done anything? Oh, wait, he did do something. He took all our custom made doors and trim so that he could stain them to match the existing doors and trim and then never brought them back again. 


He promised me in October when we hired him that he would have our house finished for Christmas. He took our cheque and promised he would be back that weekend to start. Suffice it to say, he did not show. And when he finally did show after many phone calls, he told me I was panicking, that there was not that much work to do, and assured me once again that it would be done by Christmas. It was not! Not even close! What he did do was stain all my wood yellow, after I begged him not to. Then have to get a new stain that would cover up the yellow and for all I know it all looks horrible. But we can't even see if it can be fixed because we still don't have it.


He was supposed to bring them back today at 6 pm, sharp, he said, it is now 6:45 and he has not shown. The only reason he even talked to us is because I threatened to get the police involved and my husband had to go knock on his door. He was recommended to us by the guy who made the doors. So hard to find good trades people, when you do, keep their numbers.


What I should do is start a list of people you should never ever call no matter how desperate you are.


If that guy does show up today, I am going to take his picture and post it on here so you can see what a tradesperson looks like who has no pride, integrity, honour or any other morals or ethics. Yup reserving a spot for his picture right underneath this.

No comments:

Post a Comment