Sunday 6 May 2012

Spring

Today is so warm and sunny out that inspires me to want to get started on gardening and yard work. 


I went to Costco after church today and they have such lovely flower baskets, they were closing and I didn't really have time to do much looking, but I am leaving Tuesday on a road trip, to go pick my daughter up from TX. I just know that by the time we get back all those lovely flowers are going to be gone. 

I want to get my square foot garden boxes built and my railing painted and a fire pit built and a million and one other things, done. I want to have a yard I can enjoy this year. What I would really like, is to have the money, to hire someone to come in here, and design my yard for me. I can envision the heck out of the inside of my house but I have absolutely no imagination when it comes to my yard. I have twelve acres to play with and no real ideas as to what I want to do with it. 

Just in case anybody was wondering, this is what my house looks like today,


Christmas lights and all. My husband likes to turn them on all year round because they are clear and it helps people find our house when it is dark out. They are coming down this week though, even if it kills me!


One thing I want to do before we leave, which means tomorrow, is build a bigger dog kennel to keep my dogs off the lawn and porch. I used to think it was so mean to keep dogs in a kennel, but all my dogs want to do is lay in my mud room and sleep all day anyways, so they might as well sleep in a kennel. That way I might be able to have a front lawn that is not covered with brown patches where they pee and also much easier to pick up after them when it is contained. And the existing kennel is bigger then my mud room, so they will have way more room when we finish the new one.


Dog kennel as it is right now. That is Nana, in the kennel, my middle son's St. Bernard, that we inherited when my son moved back home. I want to move the kennel to the north side of the garage, closer to the house, and make it bigger. We have four dogs, so this, just does not suffice.

Things to do this month; paint the railing on the deck build a bigger kennel, build raised garden beds for my sq. ft. gardening, take down Christmas lights, build a fire pit. Make my deck pretty. And maybe just maybe make a nice little front entrance by my gate at the driveway entrance. After all that is the first impression people get, it would be nice if it was welcoming. Well we will see how much of this actually gets done. Especially since I am about to embark on a road trip all the way to TX. The plan is to get the the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone Park as well as whatever catches our attention along the way. I also plane to keep my eyes peeled for things that may beautify my home and yard. 

Oh, and I almost forgot. Take down the eye sore, of an ice skating rink. It was a lovely idea, but we had an unusually warm winter and I think it only got used like twice. 

I will blog along the way and post pictures of any great finds, as well as great places we visit. Hasta la vista everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment