Thursday 24 May 2012

Lazy Day.

I am sitting at my desk, listening to the wind blow and hoping  it will rain. My tomato plants are in and yesterday I bought some seeds to plant but thus far I have not planted them We worked in the yard on Monday and I got my husband to help me with a few things I could not do by myself, such as move a huge rock that needed the bobcat. 

I am waiting for a friend to come over, she is bringing me coffee, and I am thinking of all the things I need to do. I am the worlds biggest procrastinator. First off, getting dressed would really be a good start. 

Okay, I am dressed, load of laundry in machine, beds made, dishes done and now I need to vacuum and mop. My mother used to say, "As long as the dishes are done, the beds are made, and the floor is swept, your house will at least look presentable." Funny how things like that shape you as an adult. 

Today I was on pinterest and learned that you can paint upholstered furniture. I as so very excited about this because I have a burgundy couch that I love, it is in perfect condition, I just hate the colour, so now I am going to paint it chocolate brown. Can't wait! I also have a chair that I may paint for the spare bedroom, as well.

Friend has come and gone, coffee has been drank, and we had a great visit. Home is more then presentable and now I think I shall go out into the wind and get some planting done before it is time to go get DS4 from football. DS1, DS3, and DD are all playing basketball together tonight. I am so excited to go watch three of my kids play on the same team. All of my kids played sports growing up but none of them were ever on the same team. 

I think we shall go pick up DS4, go out for dinner and then to basketball. Sounds like a plan...and that is what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment